Tax Law & Tax Preparation
As a former tax manager for a large CPA firm and auditor for the Internal Revenue Service with a graduate education in business, accounting and economics, firm principal Solis Cooperson is well-versed in all aspects of taxation law, including:
- Income Tax Preparation
- Gift Tax Returns
- Estate Tax Returns
- Tax Planning
- Tax Controversies, including representation before the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board, and U.S. Tax Court
Mr. Cooperson draws upon his extensive accounting and taxation background in formulating estate planning strategies, advising clients regarding divorce and family law matters, and counseling businesses regarding entity formation, transactions or litigation.
The Law Offices of Solis Cooperson prepares individually tailored estate planning documents designed to accomplish our client’s goals while minimizing or eliminating potential transfer taxes and simplifying the estate administration process. Our areas of representation include:
- Revocable Living Trusts: We prepare living trusts and assist our clients in properly funding their trust with their assets, thereby ensuring that the assets held in the trust avoid probate and are distributed in accordance with the terms of the trust.
- Wills: We prepare simple wills for clients, as well as pour-over wills, which are wills which are designed to work with a living trust. We also prepare wills with guardianship provisions if our clients have minor children.
- Durable Financial Powers of Attorney: We prepare durable financial powers of attorney designating a person or persons to manage the financial affairs of a client in the event they become incapacitated.
- Advance Health Care Directives: We prepare advance health care directives allowing clients to designate a person or persons to make medical decisions on their behalf in the event they are unable to express their wishes with regard to health care, life support, and other important medical and end-of-life considerations.
Trust & Estate Litigation
We represent trustees, personal representatives, administrators, conservators, beneficiaries and other parties in all manner of trust and estate disputes, including but not limited to:
- Will or Trust Contests
- Allegations of Incapacity/Undue Influence/Incompetency
- Interpretation of Trust Provisions
- Accounting Disputes
- Surcharge of a Trustee
- Removal of a Fiduciary
- Recovery of Assets
- Elder Abuse Allegations
- Disputes regarding Community Property/Quasi-Property Rights
- Title Disputes
Business Formation & Consultation
The Law Office of Solis Cooperson assists clients in Santa Monica and throughout the West Los Angeles area and beyond in the full range of business law matters, including entity formation, transactions, and litigation.
One of the most significant decisions a business owner must make is determining the appropriate type of business entity structure for the new venture. The type of entity selected will have significant tax and legal liability implications for the business. We guide our clients in determining the most advantageous type of entity for their business, including the following types of entities:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- General Partnership
- Limited Partnership
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Sole Proprietorship
We prepare and file any documents required to register the entity with the California Secretary of State, and prepare any necessary entity formation documents, including shareholder, operating or partnership agreements.
At the Law Offices of Solis Cooperson, we have the experience to protect our client’s interests in every transaction. We routinely advise businesses regarding tax issues. We know how to draft contracts to ensure that a business is protected if any disputes arise, and apply our knowledge and negotiation expertise to make certain that every transaction makes financial sense for our client. We negotiate, review and prepare:
- Employee Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
Family Law and Divorce Litigation
We provide experienced, cost-effective representation in Family Law matters.
Experienced Legal Representation in Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Malibu, Venice, Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Culver City, Playa Vista, Brentwood, Ventura County and all over Los Angeles County
With over 35 years of legal experience, Solis Cooperson has the knowledge, skill and ability to capably represent your interests. We welcome your inquiry regarding our services. To learn how we can assist you, contact the Law Offices of Solis Cooperson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (310) 453-9202 for a complimentary consultation. For the convenience of our clients, we accept payment by major credit cards.